Thursday, February 24, 2011
A Bad Doctor
In contrast, a bad doctor is one who:
* Does not value your time, and makes you wait interminably on a routine basis
* Is more interested in treating your reports than in treating you
* Does not spend enough time with you
* Seems to be too busy and rushed all the time
* Orders tests whether or not they are needed
* Does not explain your options to you
* Discourages questions or refuses to answer them
* Promises too much.
* Makes remarks like "that's my secret."
* Doesn't explain clearly what he is doing during treatment. Sometimes, if you are a victim of a rare or complex problem, you may need to find a “Doctor’s Doctor" i.e. the best doctor in the city, country or the world for your particular problem. How do you go about locating such a doctor?