Monday, October 20, 2008
Cigratte Smoking--Tips for quitting
Think about why you smoke
* You smoke to relax.because you're bored.Because your friends do.just because...
* When you started you thought you could control it.Now you know smoking controls you. You're addicted.
Focus on why you want to quit
* You want to feel better.You hate coughing up phlegm.
* Cancer, lung disease.You just dont want to risk it.
* You want to save money.You dont want your little sister or brother to start smoking "Just like you"
* The best reasons to quit are your reasons.Write them down.Look at them every time you want a cigarette
Get support from your friends
* It may seem like everybody smokes.The truth is, most people dont
* Get support from a non smoker, an ex smoker or someone else who wants to quit
* When you want a cigarette, call this person instead
* When do you smoke ? When you hang out with friends ? Aty parties ?
* Try to avoid places and people that tempt you to smoke-especially for the first few days
* When your friends light up, keep your cool
* Find smoke free options.Head for the mall or movies-places where you cant smoke
Worried about weight ?
* It is possible to quit smoking & keep the pounds off
* Instead of reaching for fat filled munchies, chew on carrot sticks and gum.
* You"ll look better without a cigarette.And you'll no longer smell like an ashtray.
Watch your money pile up
* Cigarettes cost big bucks-Your bucks
* Instead of buying a pack, save the money.Put it in a special place.
* Count it in a week, a month. Surprised ?
* Go out and buy something great.You deserve it Now you can afford it
Find other ways to relax
* Do you smoke to handle the stress of school, work or family ?
* Find other ways to deal with stress.Exercise. listen to music.Take a walk.
* Wamt a cigarette ? Take five long deep breaths instead
* Try meditating or self hypnosis.Do whatever it takes.
Take it one day at a time
* Dont worry about next week or next year.Quit for today.
* You may feel grouchyat first. That's normal and it will pass. Just keep saying " Just for today, I can do it"
* Slip today ? Try again tomorrow.Now you know what to expect
* Soon you'll breathe easier.You'll cough less.You'll jhave more energy to do the things you love
* Remember, only you know why you started to smoke.Only you know what it takes to quit.You can do it. Your way...............