Thursday, March 31, 2011
Today, many physicians make themselves, an assistant or other staff member available to their patients over the phone. Pre-visit questions and routine follow-up on the phone can save you - and your doctor - both time and money. Before making a call, you need to certain relevant information in advance:
* When is the best time to call?
* What is the doctor's rule for returning calls?
* Whom should you speak with (e.g., assistant, nurse) if the doctor can't come to the phone?
* What is the phone number for making emergency calls or for calls when the office is closed?
* Whom can you call if your doctor is out of town?