Ask your doctor to explain your diagnosis and how it might affect you and your family.
Useful questions include:
* What is the diagnosis? Find out the complete medical name - and what it means in plain English! * What is my prognosis (outlook for the future)? * What changes, if any, will I need to make in my daily life? * Is there a chance that someone else in my family might get the same condition? * Will I need special help at home for my condition? If so, what type of help?
World's largest free patient education resource center
Please do come and visit HELP !
Our focus areas now are:
1. encouraging health insurance companies to invest in patient education
2. advocating information therapy
3. setting up a national network of patient education centers
4. developing patient educational materials in Indian languages for the web