It’s simple to live healthily — and it’s not expensive either ! There are only seven major ingredients in a plan for good health:
- Exercise: Work up to a regular aerobic (endurance) exercise program.
- Diet and nutrition: Everything in moderation – and cut down on the fat.
- Weight Control: Maintain a healthy weight, avoid gaining and losing it.
- No smoking: Consider smoking as enemy number one.
- Alcohol moderation: Abstinence would be ideal.
- Avoiding injury: Use your common sense (for example, by using seat belts, or opting only for safe sex).
- Disease prevention: This can be achieved through periodic check-ups, immunization and health risk appraisals.